The Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) programme offered by the University of South Wales is distinctive in that it provides a non-clinical route for generalist and more specialist practitioners, managers and researchers to develop their knowledge of CAMH in a broad context. It is the only course of its kind in Wales and one of very few similar courses available in England.
This CAMH course develops knowledgeable and reflective professionals who are able to draw on evidence-based practice in ways that will impact on the workplace and on outcomes for the children and young people in those services.
It has been designed to provide opportunities for students to develop their professional knowledge, skills and understanding and most importantly their capacity for critical thinking. This postgraduate qualification in CAMH offers you the opportunity to learn alongside professionals from a range of professional backgrounds and diverse backgrounds in a highly supportive context.
Students on the MA CAMH Course are often professionals working in Children’s Services (education, health and social care) who would like to develop their expertise in relation to CAMH issues as they find themselves working with children and young people with a greater range of more complex difficulties.
Practitioners have used their studies to support promotion within a service and/or a move into a more specialist role. Increasingly students have just completed their undergraduate degree and are using the MA qualification to strengthen their applications in a competitive job market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- CAMH: Contexts and Concepts
- Managing and Supporting CAMH and SEBD
- Research Methodology
- Promoting Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Working with Diversity
- Leading and Managing SEN / ALN
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 1969 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good first degree is preferred but experience is greatly valued.
- Full-time and part-time students choosing modules which have a placement component as part of the assessment process, will need to provide evidence of a current enhanced DBS check (or its equivalent if you are an EU or international student)
- Full-time students wishing to take advantage of the opportunity to participate in the Internship Scheme will also need to provide evidence of a current enhanced DBS check (or its equivalent if you are an EU or international student)
- An informal discussion with the course tutor can be arranged after application, if the candidate would like this.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time UK: £1000 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.