Run in partnership with Diploma MSc, the Acute Medicine (Online Delivery) programme offered by the University of South Wales is a theoretical course that aims to supplement the education of existing healthcare professionals, as opposed to a practical course in acute medicine. You will develop a systematic understanding of evidence-based, protocol-delivered practice, which is crucial in optimising acute care.
You will also learn how to use relevant methodologies and approaches to address complex issues of patient management across the spectrum of medical specialties that comprise acute medicine, and the ability to critically evaluate evidence and implement best practice in complex scenarios.
Students will benefit from being taught life-long learning and advanced problem-solving skills that they can apply to clinical practice in acute medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Respiratory and Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Diabetes and Endocrine Emergencies
- Gastroenterological Emergencies
- Acute Presentations with Infection and Sepsis
- Acute Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Acute Renal, Metabolic and Toxicological Emergencies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 182 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4980 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4980 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.