Media Psychology degree offered at University of Salford is the only dedicated postgraduate course in the UK focusing on the relationships between media and psychology from both academic and professional perspectives.
The course is multi-disciplinary, combining psychological theory with social sciences, media and communication studies. We welcome students from these disciplines who have an interest in understanding the application of psychology to media provision and consumption. We also invite applications from those who have experience in psychology and research methods through work or study who will be considered in line with our Accreditation of Prior Learning procedure.
EmploymentThis master's has been designed to meet the growing need for graduates with an advanced knowledge and skill set to understand the relationship between psychology and the media.With this qualification, you could pursue a career in psychological consulting within media industries, social media management, user testing, advertising, public relations, marketing, media analysis, media research and development, and academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in Media Psychology
- Media Psychology Research Methods
- Psychology of Media Communication
- The Psychology of Digital Experiences
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesPsychology Media Studies & Mass Media View 323 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- Normally an upper-second class honours degree in psychology, media studies or social sciences.
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
- International students must also provide evidence of proficiency in English - IELTS 6 band score (with no component below 6.0)
International15030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15030 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Your annual fee will be calculated pro rata to the full-time fee according to the number of credits you are studying.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.