Cognitive Behavioural Psychology degree offered at the University of Salford focuses on interventions with clients who have anxiety and depression right through to people with addictions, personality disorder and schizophrenia as well as other complex needs. There are opportunities to study new developments in CBT, related to mindfulness and compassion focused therapy.This course runs part-time for half a day per week over three years, or full-time for two half days per week. Optional modules may be delivered in a series of block sessions.
Depending on your level of experience and professional interests you can choose to study a variety of modules.
This course has been created after a request from the North West Strategic Health Authority. Some students will be able to use the Service Level Agreement to fund these modules. Other students will self-fund or request funding from their employer.
- Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety Disorders and Addictive Behaviour
- Frontiers of Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness based approaches with CBT
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 88 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An upper second class honours degree in psychology or other health/social care related discipline, e.g. counselling, health sciences, nursing.
- An honours degree (in any discipline) (2.2 or above) and a diploma in counselling or its UKCP or BPS equivalent.
- In addition applicants must have one year’s experience in a mental health setting and an active interest in cognitive behavioural work. Applicants must have an active placement where they can work with clients and have approval to use clients as part of their coursework. Overseas students must be able to complete placements and have access to clients.
- Students should access supervision from someone with experience of CBT.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Your annual fee will be calculated pro rata to the full-time fee according to the number of credits you are studying.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.