Music degree offered at University of Salford offers three specialist pathways focusing on composition, performance, or interactive music and advanced studio production. If more than one of these options appeals to you, the part time mode of studies offers options to combine modules from different pathways to create the postgraduate music course that best suits your future aspirations.
And what better place to study your music master’s degree? Our New Adelphi Campus in Salford houses state-of-the-art facilities, including six recording studios, well-appointed rehearsal facilities and our 350-seater public theatre. And with easy access to Manchester, you’ll be able to experience the city’s exciting musical heritage.
This master’s degree in music focuses on sharpening your practical and professional music skills, standing you in good stead to work within a range of related careers. Not only will you be well-positioned to find employment as a freelance composer or performer, you’re newly acquired skillsets will also lend themselves perfectly to music education, lecturing and arts administration.
The depth of material covered within this course will also mean you can pursue further study in the areas of composition, performance, technology and musicology, if that’s the direction you choose to go in. What’s more, if you want to perform professionally, you’ll be able to benefit from the professional links we have with local music organisations, orchestras and bands.
- Composition, Performance and the Musical Text (Plenary)
- Composition Techniques (C)
- Individual Performance (P)
- Advanced Studio Composition and Production Techniques (IMASP)
- Applied Composition Techniques (C)
- Group Interaction in Performance (P)
- Ethnomusicology Theories and Techniques
- Community Music Theories and Techniques
- Negotiated Final Project
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 249 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- A good honors degree preferably in Music or a related subject and/or evidence of industry/professional practice experience.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
- Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees are calculated on a pro rata basis
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.