The Child Life and Family-Centered Care program at Boston University is designed to educate students for entry-level positions as child life specialists and to prepare them to sit for the Association of Child Life Professionals certification examination.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess needs of children undergoing medical treatments and provide psychological preparation for stressful events.
- Implement child life services using evidence-based practice.
- Create an environment where play is valued.
- Provide a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment for children and families.
- Meet all professional competencies defined by the Association of Child Life Professionals.
- Issues in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Special Education
- Families with Children with Disabilities
- Student with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Family & Consumer Science Early Childhood Education View 409 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Online Application
- Statement of Qualifications and Objectives
- Equity & Inclusion Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official standardized test score reports, if required*
- Analytical Essay (doctoral applicants only)
- Non-refundable $95 application fee
International61050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61050 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National61050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61050 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.