- Learn the key topics in biomedical science from international experts
- Learn the latest research based on cutting edge experimental techniques and direct engagement with biomedical communities
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary expertise in specialist subject areas, integrated with applied clinical laboratory skills
In a fiercely competitive job market, we believe that a qualification from the University of Salford will give you the edge over rival job applicants. We aim to produce graduates who meet the needs of their future employers: highly skilled practitioners and excellent communicators who are seeking to push the boundaries in the rapidly growing biomedicine sector.Many of our biomedical science graduates are employed in roles such as research assistants and research laboratory technicians, across various sectors including clinical and research laboratories and pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations. Some have gone on to pursue the field of education, working as lecturers and teachers in universities and schools.A number of our graduates choose to continue their education by pursing PhD studies, with areas of research including microbiology, parasitology, medicinal chemistry, cancer and cell biology- to name a few. Furthermore, graduates of this course have been accepted into medical schools as students on completion of this degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Postgraduate Scholarship Skills
- Pathologies of Human Disease
- Immunology and Haematology
- Research Design and Delivery
- Inflammation and Cardiovascular Disorders
- Infectious Disease Control
- Professional Practice
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 472 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should possess at least a UK lower second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent in any science-based subject.
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9360 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £1,560 per 30 credits
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.