You will gain valuable insight into accounting processes, both from in-business and external reporting perspectives. You will also learn about the relevance of accountancy to company valuation, and gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals of financial management.
This Accounting and Finance degree offered at University of Salford tracks the ACCA and the CFA syllabi.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the advanced level skills and knowledge required by personnel in the accounting, finance, and corporate financial industry sectors.
On completion of the course you will be able to take advantage of opportunities in either managerial or consulting roles in the corporate sector and finance industries.
You will be equipped with the advanced level skills and understanding necessary to effectively and efficiently perform tasks relevant to the corporations or organisations involved with accounting and finance.
You will be able to work effectively in teams and independently, to evaluate critically, think creatively and communicate effectively with respect to issues in different areas of accounting and finance; and to recognise good practice in the analysis, planning and management of accounting policies and corporate financial strategies.
You also develop an advanced level of understanding of research methods and their application to a wide range of accounting reporting, accounting policies and corporate financial decisions.
This qualification will equip you for a career in finance, management consulting, industry or government. It will also prepare you for academic research opportunities in accounting and finance. Recent Salford Business School graduates have gained employment with organisations including Ernst & Young, British Airways, BMW, the NHS, BUPA and KPMG.
- Risk, Portfolio and Investment Analysis
- Corporate and Quantitative Finance
- Financial and Management Accounting
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 750 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent or successful completion of the Graduate Certificate International Management.
- A wide range of professional qualifications are also accepted either in partial or complete fulfilment of entry requirements.
- Where a student has gained a recognised Honours degree but does not meet the normal entry qualification requirement, they may still be considered for entry if they can demonstrate relevant work experience of a minimum two years duration post study and acceptable level of responsibility.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £1,380 per 30 credit module
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.