Students acquire advanced knowledge and skills in population and community needs assessment, analysis of aggregate data, health planning, as well as program development, implementation, and evaluation.
Focusing on health promotion and prevention, the Nursing - Population Health program offered by Jacksonville State University allows students to select a vulnerable population focus for study across the curriculum, such as women and infants, children, teens, adults with chronic illnesses, geriatric clients, clients with ethnic or racial disparities, and infectious disease clients, to name a few. The scope of public health/population health nursing practice and concepts of disaster management, systems leadership, quality and safety are integrated into various courses throughout the curriculum.
- Theories in Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Organizational and Systems Leadership in Population Health Nursing
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 756 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the JSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Pay the non-refundable $35 application processing fee.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities with degrees posted to Graduate Admissions
- Detailed course description and/or syllabus for each courses/subjects completed in Bachelor's degree program when requested by the concerned graduate department.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of financial document (financial statement and letter) stating a balance of at least $30,500.
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.