Architecture degree offered at University of Salford will help you enhance your knowledge of architecture design thinking to explore the relationships between ecological and human systems.
The programme is based on a modular structure, delivered over two years. Each module provides learning and appropriate skill development consistent with its position in the overall structure. Intensive 'diagonal' workshops are embedded throughout the program to ensure integration across the modules and a holistic approach.
In year one, you will benefit from placement experience in architectural and design offices as part of the design-based modules (i.e. Performative Technologies – Material Matters, Advanced Digital Design Technologies, Urban Ecologies). Through these placements, you will be able to develop your professional skills and understanding of the realities of the field.
Architects are highly valued in many sectors and work widely throughout the built environment profession, including architectural practices (i.e. Foster and Partners, KPF, etc.), design and engineering consultancy firms (ARUP, Buro Happold, BDP, etc). Architects are also sought by central government, local authorities, property developers, building contractors, housing associations, financial institutions, major retailers and manufacturing companies.
- Histories and Theories
- Design Studio: Performative Technologies - Material Matters
- Advanced Digital Design Technologies
- Advanced Practice Management and Law
- Design Studio: Urban Ecologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 271 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Salford and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for the Master of Architecture (MArch) programme will typically have a first degree in architecture from an accredited undergraduate programme (normally with ARB/RIBA Part 1 exemption). Typically students will have achieved a minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1).
- Applicants will be required to submit an electronic portfolio of work as part of the application process. Applicants who have a portfolio which evidences a passion for architecture, and who have demonstrated they can achieve at a high level, will be considered for a place on the course and for an interview.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8820 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.