Having specialist knowledge in Rheumatology is an increasingly important role and extra responsibility of medical personnel.
The team of course authors and tutors are recognised experts and opinion leaders in their specialty areas. Run with the collaborative partner Diploma MSc, the Rheumatology (Online Delivery) programme offered by the University of South Wales is aimed at health professionals who are interested in a leadership role including Doctors, GPs, Allied Health Professionals, Practice Nurses and those with related undergraduate degrees (e.g. Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Occupational therapists, Pharmacists) or equivalent professional qualifications and background experience.
On completion of the MSc Rheumatology course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the care of patients in rheumatology.
- Critically evaluate current research in rheumatology.
- Apply a critical awareness of current issues affecting the care of patients undertaking rheumatology treatments.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of rheumatology that will facilitate decision-making in unpredictable and/or complex situations.
The MSc Rheumatology course will enhance private practice and will help your career progression. The course provides you with a direct opportunity to improve patient care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology, pathophysiology and scientific basis of Rheumatological disorders
- Roles of allied healthcare professionals and the muti-disciplinary team in the treatment of Rheumatology patients
- Drugs and therapeutics in management of Rheumatological conditions
- Management of inflammatory arthritis
- Connective tissue disease and vasculitis
- Soft tissue disorders, degenerative arthritis and crystal arthropathies
- Research Methodologies and Critical Appraisal in Rheumatology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 179 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.