Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine (Online Delivery) programme offered by the University of South Wales is a rapidly evolving branch of medicine involved in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke, coronary heart disease and peripheral vascular disease.
Run with our partners Diploma MSc it aims to create professionals who can independently access information and use the information to critically assess, evaluate and disseminate the evidence base related to Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine.
It will develop problem solving and clinical skills together with preparing students to take a leadership role. As such, on completion of the MSc Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine, you will be able to deliver management strategies for the investigation and treatment of patients at increased cardiovascular risk; demonstrate knowledge and competence in Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine and develop and deliver Preventative Cardiovascular interventions for the wider population.
The Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine MSc course has been developed for GPs, Secondary Care Trainees in Diabetes, Vascular Surgery, Cardiology, Medical Biochemistry, Allied Health Professionals and Practice Nurses running CV clinics who wish to develop their skills in this area of work.
The course is pioneering and focuses on preventative cardiovascular medicine rather than on cardiology. You will be one of the first to attain a recognised qualification in this area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiovascular Risk Management
- Lipid Metabolism in Clinical Practice
- Management of Lipid Disorders
- Hypertension: Diagnosis and Management
- Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine in Special Situations
- Research Methodologies and Critical Evaluation in Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 182 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.