Run with the collaborative partner Diploma MSc, the Obesity and Weight Management (Online Delivery) programme offered by the University of South Wales creates professionals who can independently access information and use the information to critically assess, evaluate and disseminate the evidence base related to Obesity and Weight Management.
It will develop problem solving and clinical skills together with preparing students to take a leadership role.
On completion, you will have an applied understanding of how established techniques of research and enquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge in an appropriate clinical setting; and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the discipline informed by current scholarship and research.
The Obesity & Weight Management courses have been developed for health professionals who are interested in a leadership role within weight and obesity management including GP’s, doctors, nurses, physicians, surgeons, physiotherapists, dieticians, psychologists, and counsellors running clinics.
Following successful completion of this specialised course, you will have the knowledge to further improve patient care and it could enhance your future career progression.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The adipocyte, regulation of appetite and nutrition
- Obesity: defining obesity, epidemiology and health risks
- Causation of obesity and weight gain in relation to disease and genetics
- Weight Management, Diet, exercise and changing behaviour
- Weight Management – Medical treatments and emerging therapies
- Surgical approaches to weight management
- Research Methodologies and Critical Appraisal
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Management Health Sciences View 180 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.