Exposure to a range of techniques, including microscopy, spectroscopy and diagnostic assays, and their associated theories will significantly develop your understanding of medical biochemistry.
During your studies, you will prepare for, and undertake, an extensive independent project. You will discuss your project in detail with your supervisor before carrying out your research and writing up your study in a thesis. Additionally, you will study related subjects such as metabolism, physiology and the genetics of drug responses.
This Medical Biochemistry course from Leeds Beckett University will develop your competencies in data analysis and statistics, science communication and professional development, enabling you to further your career as a confident medical biochemist or researcher.
This course will prepare you for a wide range of careers in the biomedical sciences. You will be well placed to study under the NHS Scientist Training Programme in order to become a clinical biochemist. You could also undertake a PhD and become part of the biomedical research community, or enter industry in related roles, including research scientist, lab technician or clinical trials assistant.
- Clinical trials assistant
- Research scientist
- Clinical biochemist
- Medical writer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Preparation for the MSc Research Project
- Science Communication
- Advanced Practical Skills in Biomedical Sciences
- Molecular Cell Biology & Physiology
- Professional Development
- Genetics of Drug Responses
- Metabolic Biochemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biochemistry Genetics View 198 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Leeds Beckett University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a cognate subject, at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our for completion.nts should either have at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a cognate subject, at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
- All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; a template can be accessed at this All applicants should satisfy our .
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.