The Applied Health Economics (Online Delivery) programme offered by the University of South Wales aims to create professionals who can independently access information and use the information to critically assess, evaluate and disseminate the evidence base related to Health Economics medicine.
The online masters in Health Economics will enable more health care professionals to have the required knowledge to treat patients. It will develop problem solving and clinical skills together with preparing students to take a leadership role in Health Economics.
The MSc Health Economics course is the only one of its kind that is accessible online, and is not offered by any other institution. On completion of the course, you will be able to demonstrate an applied understanding of how established techniques of research and enquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge in an appropriate clinical setting; an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the discipline informed by current scholarship and research; advanced level critical skills designed to deal with complex problems and advanced knowledge and competence in Health Economics.
The MSc in Health Economics is being introduced with the express purpose of promoting and enhancing professional skills and knowledge among its students which have direct relevance and application to the demands of their working roles.
There is increasing competition for employment in the healthcare arena, with increasing specialisation. What's more, there is a need for postgraduate qualifications to assist with career enhancement and support specialisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students are expected in the first 8 weeks to interact with their tutor on a weekly basis. Students select a specific project and submit a project summary/proposal (approximately 1,500 words).
- Once the proposal has been approved, the professional project (10,500 words) itself is then completed through online guidance and supervision offered by the tutor.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Health Management Health Sciences View 314 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8880 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8880 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.