Provide care across the lifespan as a family nurse practitioner.
Courses of the Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner program of Duquesne University include clinical hours that will prepare you for the national Family Nurse Practitioner licensure exam.
Why earn your family nurse practitioner degree online?
Earning a graduate degree takes your delivery of patient care to a new level — a deeper one. Family NPs are more involved with their patients, families and community.
When you really get to know your patients, you discover more about who you are as a nurse practitioner. That’s just one of the many rewarding aspects of becoming an FNP.
Why choose Duquesne for your online MSN‑FNP degree?
Our online BSN to FNP master’s degree is based upon criteria set by the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF). In addition, we employ the Synergy Model for Patient Care, developed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). The Synergy Model is built around the belief that the needs or characteristics of patients and families influence the nurse’s characteristics or competencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical and Contemporary Foundations for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Evidence Based Nursing Practice and Policy Development
- Healthcare Ethics in Practice and Policy
- Clinical Prevention and Population-Based Health Promotion
- Physical Assessment for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing View 257 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Hold a BSN from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have at least 1 year of full-time work experience as an RN (prior to registration in clinical or specialty courses)
- Hold a current, unencumbered RN license
- Complete an undergraduate-level statistics course with a “C” or higher
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Professional goal statement
- Two electronically submitted references
- Official transcript(s)
- Have at least 1 year of full-time work experience as an RN
International1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1509 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1509 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.