The Conducting Emphasis Wind Conducting program from University of British Columbia is an extremely selective program that usually accepts only one student per year to ensure optimal podium time and opportunities. Collaboration among conducting faculty and students in all emphases makes it a cooperative and collegial learning environment.
Entrance to the M.Mus. in conducting is based upon the admission portfolio (including a pre-screen video) as well as an in-person audition for invited candidates. Artist teachers seeking to advance their conducting studies are also encouraged to apply.
Students work extensively one-on-one with conducting professors and fulfill leadership roles as assistant conductors.
This is an extremely selective program that usually accepts only one student per year to ensure optimal podium time and opportunities.
- Music Research
- Seminar in Conducting and Repertoire
- Music Performance (conducting lessons)
- Large Ensemble
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card
International18645 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18645 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.