It will also appeal to graduates with a BSc Pharmaceutical Science who wish to pursue an Masters qualification in their field.
The main part of the postgraduate pharmaceutical chemistry degree is a work-based learning module in which you can undertake a research project, either in our specialist labs at USW or possibly as part of an industry-based work placement. Throughout the masters course, you will study formulation and medicinal chemistry, as well as industry specific topics such as quality assurance and management and a Prince 2 qualification, giving you the advanced knowledge, skills and experience to compete for sought after roles in the pharmaceutical sector.
The Pharmaceutical Chemistry programme from University of South Wales provides training either for employment or for continued studies such as a PhD. You will be well equipped to pursue careers in the pharmaceutical industry or in other roles in the life science sector which also includes the biotechnological industries. Students will also be attractive to employers in the chemical industries.
You will also develop a wide range of essential and transferable skills such as analytical problem solving, teamwork, organisation, and information communication. As such, graduates can go on to find employment in alternate disciplines such as teaching, management, law, finance, and business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical Techniques and Quality in the Laboratory
- Advanced Formulation Science
- Medicines: Scale-up, Formulation, and Manufacture
- Project Management and Techniques
- Advanced Research Topics in Chemistry
- Quality in the Manufacture and Distribution of Medicines
- Major Research Project, Professional Practice And Employability
- Advanced Materials for Energy Application
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Health Sciences View 1768 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:2 BSc (Hons) degree in either Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science or a degree which includes chemistry. Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.