The Agri-Food Business Management studies offered by Estonian University of Life Sciences will be held in all three Baltic States, which prepares the graduates for the international career in agricultural, food industry and bioeconomy businesses and organisations.
After completing the curriculum successfully, the student:
- demonstrate knowledge of contemporary theory and techniques of economics and business administration;
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of agricultural value chains;
- utilize scientific research in business administration;
- develop an ethical and socially responsible corporate culture through human resource management;
- evaluate investments and design corporate financial policy;
- understand the role of innovation and manage innovation process in their organisation;
- evaluate competitive situation in their field of operation;
- identify gap in existing knowledge, products and services and need for research;
- design a research plan to solve practical problems in their field of operation;
- apply acquired knowledge in writing master thesis;
- effectively communicate research results;
- demonstrate effective communication and networking skills;
- organize and participate in team work;
- effectively represent organisation in business negotiations;
- demonstrate ethical and socially responsible leadership and management skills in the context of global marketplace, complex organisations and multinational teams;
- recognise cultural diversity, its challenges and opportunities in conducting business;
- demonstrate understanding of the ethical consequences of business decisions;
- demonstrate understanding of global issues in context of agricultural business, concerning social, economic, political and environmental problems.
Career opportunitiesThe alumni will find employment and career prospects in agriculture, food industry, input supply, wholesales, retail sales, and other agriculture, food and bioeconomy related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The studies will be held in all three Baltic States:
First semester in Estonia
- Agri-food economics & policy, bioeconomy,
- Research strategies and methods,
- Corporate culture and human resource development,
- Cooperative management
Second semester in Lithuania
- Finance management,
- Managerial accounting, and control,
- Strategic management of agribusiness,
- Agribusiness planning and evaluation of investment and development projects
Third semester in Latvia
- Operations and supply-chain management in agribusiness,
- Innovation of food system,
- International agri-food business marketing,
- Integrated marketing communication in agribusiness
Fourth semester in Estonia
- Is dedicated to the Master’s thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Studies start in Estonia and take place in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
April 12 - non-EU candidates
May 31- EU, Georgian and Turkish candidates
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Agribusiness Agriculture
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in business management, economics or related fields from a recognized and accredited university.
- Applicants with Bachelor’s degree or professional Bachelor’s degree in other specialties are expected to have basic knowledge in management and economics and be prepared to undertake extra self-learning.
- Applicants must support their application with a motivation letter.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2520 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2520 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.