As a student in the MA in Physical Therapy from New York University, you will develop strong clinical research skills and the tools to help improve patients’ motor control and motor learning.
This post-professional master's concentrates on pathokinesiology. Throughout the degree, you will develop into a scientific thinker – gaining expertise in the analysis and synthesis of human motion, the measurement and evaluation of human motion, and research design and implementation.
The curriculum incorporates electrogoniometry, electromyography, dynamometry, and cinematography to illustrate the most advanced theories and techniques for measuring and evaluating human motion. By the end of your studies, you will have developed knowledge in:
- Clinical research skills in methodology and data analysis
- The components of normal and abnormal human motion
- The biomechanical and neurophysiological factors foundational to the improvement of motor control in individuals with physical disabilities
- The formulation and testing of conceptual models to analyze and improve motor control
- The communication of research that tests a hypothesis concerning human motion
Careers and Outcomes
Upon graduating from the NYU Steinhardt Master of Arts in Physical Therapy, you will be a well-rounded clinician and researcher positioned to bring a scientific mindset to your work.
Potential career paths include working as a practitioner, researcher, faculty for a physical therapy program, or facility supervisor (hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, schools for children with physically disabling conditions, nursing homes, private practices), or within public service agencies.
- Analysis and Synthesis of Human Motion
- Measurement and Evaluation in Human Motion
- Research in Physical Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 168 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.