The Legal Practice programme offered by the University of South Wales is a skills-based ‘learning by doing’ course that gives you the foundation to start a training contract in a law office. You will develop the skills of advocacy, interviewing, legal writing, drafting and research.
You will largely work in an interactive, small group setting that replicates the environment of the law office, the courtroom and the solicitor/client relationship. Some discretionary local authority funding and professional development loans may be available, and some law firms may offer sponsorship for this LPC course.
University of South Wales is a Top 50 Law School, according to Guardian League Tables, and prides itself on its excellent teaching and student support.
The LPC is a requirement for qualification as a solicitor and develops the skills you will need on entering the profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Law and Practice and Taxation
- Property Law and Practice
- Litigation and Advocacy
- Skills for Legal Practice (incorporating Interviewing and Advising, Practical Legal Research, Writing, Drafting, Wills and Administration of Estates, Professional Conduct and Regulation and Solicitors’ Accounts)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies View 333 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- LLB (Hons) degree usually of class 2:2 or above, or all subjects of the Common Professional Examination, or a combined studies degree including the core law subjects prescribed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
- Students who have reached the appropriate level of qualification with the Institute of Legal Executives are also eligible for consideration for admission to the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time UK and EU: TBC
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.