At this Music Education MA program from New York University, you’ll combine intensive study in music education with pedagogy and music specialization course work. You can choose from electives in research and praxis, including topics like teaching music composition and improvisation and technological trends in music education, as well as courses across the variety of programs at NYU Steinhardt.
You'll gain valuable experience through completing one semester of fieldwork in a New York City–based community setting, and learn from faculty who are active musicians, respected educators, regularly published authors, and avid researchers.
What You'll Learn
Throughout your program of study, you will cover:
- Research in music and music education
- Music education foundations
- Curriculum development and teaching techniques
- Urban and culturally relevant music pedagogies
- Technology-enhanced music teaching strategies
- Approaches to teaching music with special learners
- Music Education Philosophy
- Music Reference and Research Materials
- Community Music
- The Arts in Human Development
- Tech Resources for Perf. Arts Educators
- Technological Trends in Music Education
- Music for Exceptional Children
- Psychology of Music Education
- Current Readings in Music Education
- Research in Music and Music Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music Musicology View 1060 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letters Of Recommendation
- Proficiency in English
- Audition and Writing Sample
International67212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67212 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National67212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67212 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.