It provides training in key technical areas while also developing business and communication skills.
The Data Science and Analytics (M.S.) degree is located in the School of Computing and Information Systems, within the Padnos College of Engineering and Computing. This program also collaborates closely with the Statistics Department.
Why Study Data Science and Analytics at Grand Valley State University?
- Demand. The number of job postings for data science grew 57 percent for the first quarter of 2017. Data-related jobs are expected to grow by 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Flexibility. This program is designed with the working professional in mind, and offers classes in the evening.
- Experiential learning. The program includes field experiences and collaborative assignments and projects.
- First-rate faculty. Passionate practitioners with years of experience in the field.
- Core fundamentals. The degree has a strong emphasis in the fundamentals of data science.
- Computer Science
- Professional Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 391 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Grade point average of 3.0 (B) from all undergraduate coursework or a satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT test
- Resume detailing work experiences and accomplishments
- Personal statement of career goals and background experiences, including an explanation of how this program will help achieve educational and professional objectives
- Recommendations: two professional or academic recommendations received online, addressing the candidate's potential for graduate study completion. You will provide the emails of two references in your account at www.gvsu.edu/gradapply and they will be sent a link to fill out for their online recommendation
- Prerequisite courses: CIS 161 or 162 or equivalent, STA 216 or equivalent
International13500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 USD per year during 12 months.
National 723 $ / credit
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.