Build your networked knowledge in Engineering Design and Development
In order to work in modern simultaneous engineering, graduates need specialized knowledge and the ability to work in interdisciplinary and international teams.
DDM students gain core competence in problem-solving know-how, based on networked knowledge in design, development, simulation and production technology. Strong focus is placed on the ability to communicate confidently in the international environment of modern industry.
The aim of the Design and Development in Automotive and Mechanical Engineering program of the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences is to prepare students for a challenging job in the core areas of design and development within the globalized mechanical engineering and automotive engineering industry. Graduates of the DDM program usually continue to a career in the following areas: the automotive industry and its component suppliers, the mechanical engineering industry, the process engineering industry and engineering consultancy.
Learn to work in an interdisciplinary and intercultural environment
The DDM program reflects the needs of globally-oriented companies. We offer the opportunity for students from diverse cultural backgrounds to study, work and live together. This is made possible through active contact with partner universities in many countries throughout the world. The intercultural co-operation on project work is also of added value to master's students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Numerical Methods
- Design and Development
- Advanced Strength of Materials
- Vibrations and Acoustics
- Integrity of Structures
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (certified copies)
- Graduation diploma from each college or university attended (certified copies)
- Proof of English language proficiency (not necessary for Indian applicants)
- Original APS for all applicants whose first degree is from PR China, Vietnam or Mongolia
- Required credits in design: CAD (Pro/E or CATIA): 5 CP (=70 hours), Design/Machine Elements: 15 CP (=210 hours), Strength of Materials/Mechanics: 10 CP (=140 hours), Mathematics: 8 CP (=112 hours)
- Recommendation Forms
- Transcript Evaluation Form
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Documents proving basic knowledge of the German language, at Level A1 (CEFR) or higher
- Any other documents that would allow us to evaluate you more fully
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.