The program focuses on the city as an agent of resilient change and on the role of design in redefining the twenty-first century urban landscape, advancing new paradigms of research, practice, and pedagogy to meet the challenges of climate change, rapid urbanization, and social inequality.
- Students and faculty in the Architecture and Urban Design program at Columbia University are united in their attempt to integrate and underscore the essential links between public space, social justice, and ecological systems.
- The program asks the venerable and necessarily shifting question: what is “the good city?”—reframing the city not as a fixed, delimited territory but as a gradient of varied landscapes supported by networks of food, energy, resources, culture, transportation, and capital.
- Urban Design Studio
- Digital Techniques for Urban Design
- Mapping For Architecture Urbanism and Humanities
- Metropolitan Sublimes
- Cultural Strategies and Production NOW
- Narrative Urbanism: Strategic Storytelling For Designers and Planners
- Theory of City Form
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 424 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Columbia University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must submit all materials directly, not through an agent or third-party vendor, with the following exceptions: submissions by the U.S. Department of State’s Fulbright Program and its three partner agencies IIE, LASPAU and AMIDEAST; submissions by the Danish-American Fulbright Commission (DAF); and submissions by Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD).
- Failure to submit complete, accurate, and authentic application documents consistent with these instructions may result in denial or revocation of admission, cancellation of academic credit, suspension, expulsion, or eventual revocation of degree.
- Applicants may be required to assist admissions staff and faculty involved in admission reviews in the verification of all documents and statements made in documents submitted by students as part of the application review process.
International62580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62580 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National62580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62580 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.