It achieves this by leveraging key technical interests and capabilities of successful applicants into the modern financial architecture and its central functions including trading, product design, underwriting and securitization, payments and settlement, asset management, risk management, corporate financial management and a range of technical innovations that have evolved in many of these areas.
A high level of rigor is embedded in the Quantitative Finance MSc program from New York University. It is targeted toward smart, disciplined and dependable students who have the ability to climb a steep learning curve and a well-developed capability for creative and critical thinking.
This is the skill set in demand in the new world of finance, from the biggest and most diverse financial institutions to specialized financial boutiques and end-users such as nonfinancial corporations and asset managers. To succeed, market participants need to know how financial instruments are designed, priced, traded and deployed in a highly competitive and unforgiving market environment.
- Students will be able to conduct sophisticated financial analyses pertinent to a range of financial functions in both financial and non-financial firms.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate sophisticated financial analyses with tech-driven colleagues.
- Students will be more easily able to adapt to new developments in finance and bridge the gap between application of modern product and process technologies and state-of-the-art finance.
- Business Communication
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Stochastic Modeling and Simulation
- Machine Learning for Business
- Marketing Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Financial Mathematics View 78 other Masters in Finance in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at New York University and/or in your country of interest, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International32040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16020 USD per semester during 12 months.
National32040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16020 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United States
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.