The required course is a general graduate-level initiation to ethics. The nine Healthcare Ethics courses at Duquesne University will be chosen by the student with advisement according to the student's interest.
There is no requirement for a thesis or for a comprehensive examination.
If students with an M.A. degree from the HCE program want to move to the PhD program, 6 more courses will be required, so that 16 courses (48 credits) have been completed before they apply for the comprehensive examination.
Candidates for the Master of Arts in Healthcare Ethics are eligible to receive a Master of Arts Scholarship through the Duquesne University McAnulty College and Graduate School that can reduce their degree costs by 25%. Please visit the graduate special awards website for specific details.
- Healthcare Ethics in a Diverse Society
- Ethics of Care
- Comparative Religious Bioethics
- Clinical Ethics
- Genetics and Ethics
- Global Bioethics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Health Administration View 938 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Cover Letter with Statement of Interest
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate Transcripts: If your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees are from an institution located outside of the United States, you must use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation. Typically, the three letters should be from faculty in the academic program(s) in which the student studied
- Writing Sample
International27240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1362 USD per credit during 18 months.
National27260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.