The MS in Translation program from New York University prepares you for one of the fastest-growing professions today. The program emphasizes applied translation and the development of textual, cultural, and technical competencies in communication across languages. This graduate degree can be completed in full- or part-time study.
- Courses in this category provide students with a foundation in the theory and practice of translation and terminology management, along with an introduction to contrastive stylistics.
- Students build their subject matter knowledge through courses in comparative law or economics, while gaining an overview of the translation profession and its major specializations.
- Students develop translation expertise with required courses in localization and legal, financial, commercial, or technical translation. Electives include editing for translators, literary translation, interpreting, and translation for new media.
- Students pursue a substantial translation or localization project, research paper, or a combination of the two.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Practice of Translation
- Theory & Practice of Terminology
- Contrastive Stylistics: Chinese/English
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting Linguistics View 25 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International24816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12408 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National24816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12408 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.