The Translation and Interpreting MSc program from New York University prepares you for one of the fastest-growing professions today. The program emphasizes applied translation and the development of textual, cultural, and technical competencies in communication across languages. This graduate degree can be completed in full- or part-time study.
- Courses in this category provide students with a foundation in the theory and practice of translation and terminology management, along with an introduction to contrastive stylistics.
- Students build their subject matter knowledge through courses in comparative law or economics, while gaining an overview of the translation profession and its major specializations.
- Students develop translation expertise with required courses in localization and legal, financial, commercial, or technical translation. Electives include editing for translators, literary translation, interpreting, and translation for new media.
- Students pursue a substantial translation or localization project, research paper, or a combination of the two.
- Theory and Practice of Translation
- Theory & Practice of Terminology
- Translation Technologies
- Editing for Translators
- Principles of Interpreting
- The Language Professions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 56 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- ACTFL Reading Proficiency;
- International Student Supplement.
International73119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73119 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National73119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73119 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.