Unlike traditional thesis-based research master's programs, the MRSc offers a course-based degree or the option of combining courses and a work- or practice-based research project.You can complete the MRSc degree while working full-time.
This prevents any loss of income while pursuing graduate studies. Most learners choose to complete the degree within three to five years part-time. You can graduate in one year if you study full-time. Please note, the MRSc is not an entry-level credential for rehabilitation practice in Canada or other countries: that is, completing the program does not enable you to practice as a health professional.
The MRSc is an advanced degree for health professionals already working in rehabilitation.
In the Master of Rehabilitation Sciences (MRSc) from University of British Columbia you will learn how to:
- design and execute knowledge translation plans to change outdated practices.
- develop and deliver education programs for patients, and/or to equip colleagues with the knowledge and skills to improve care.
- facilitate interprofessional reasoning for improved decision making.
- plan and lead programs with change management strategies to quicken improvements and decrease costs.
- choose effective methods to evaluate patient and program outcomes.
- And much more based on your interests.
- Evidence tor Practice
- Reasoning and Decision Making
- Measurement tor Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
- Developing Effective Rehabilitation Programs
- Facilitating Learning in Rehabilitation Contexts
- Writing to Enhance Practice
- Applying Research to Practice
- Directed Studies
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 12 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International14550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 485 CAD per credit during 12 months.
National13320 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 444 CAD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.