At the Early Childhood Special Education, Birth-Grade 2, Professional Certification MA from New York University you’ll undertake extensive study of how children develop in multiple contexts. You will participate in student teaching in a variety of early childhood general and special education settings, from preschools to early childhood centers and Head Start programs.
Careers and Outcomes
Upon graduation, you are eligible for New York State certification in early childhood special education, birth–grade 2, and prepared for careers including:
- Lead or team teacher in public or private childcare centers, preschools, early childhood centers, and elementary schools
- Preschool or elementary school supervisor, counselor, psychologist, or administrator
- Curriculum specialist, staff developer, or program director in early childhood special education programs
- Inquiries in Teaching and Learning
- Language and Literacy in the Early Years
- Bilingual Exceptional Child
- Curriculum Development in Science and Social Studies
- Human Development and Curriculum in Early Childhood
- Teaching Elementary School Math: Foundations and Concept Development
- Integrated Arts in the Early Childhood and Childhood
- Methods of Instruction for Children with High Incidence Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 433 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE or MAT
- Proficiency in English
- Teacher Certification - You are required to scan and upload evidence of your teacher certification, credential, or license as part of your application. If you are currently in school and expect to receive your teacher's certification after you graduate, you will use this section on the application to upload a note indicating this.
International60600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2020 USD per credit during 12 months.
National60600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2020 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.