Nurses constitute the largest group of professionals in the public health work force. The MPH/MSN joint degree program will produce advanced practice public health nurses who have integrated knowledge and training in epidemiology, biostatistics, health service management, population-focused nursing interventions, policy development, research, and leadership skills and are capable of applying them to a diverse range of public health issues in interdisciplinary environments.
The Public Health and Nursing program from University of British Columbia is currently the most widely recognized professional credential for leadership in public health, while the MSN provides advanced practice, nursing management, and research skills for supporting public health nurse leaders, and evaluating public health nursing practice. In addition, nurses in the MPH/MSN program will have access to a variety of courses in either School that address core competencies as defined by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
What makes the program unique?Students in the program will have the opportunity in research and practical experience through a thesis in Nursing and a practicum in the MPH program. These requirements will enable graduates to be well prepared for admission to doctoral programs if they so desire.
- Statistics for Health Research
- Analytical Methods in Epidemiological Research
- Epidemiological Methods
- Ethics & Politics of Nursing
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Qualitative Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 154 other Masters in Public Health in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of British Columbia and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International11474 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5737 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1698 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.