Achievement of the Diploma in Pediatric Dentistry requires successful completion of the clinical and didactic requirements associated with the diploma program in the Faculty of Dentistry, successful completion of the MSc in Craniofacial Science course requirements, and successful defense and submission of the thesis to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. In this program option, the degree and the diploma are awarded conjointly and both must be completed to graduate.
Graduates of the Pediatric Dentistry program from University of British Columbia will be eligible to take the examinations for specialty certification in Pediatric Dentistry of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. Normal course of study is three full academic years.
- Pediatric Patient
- Pediatric Dentistry Case Review and Treatment Planning
- Craniofacial Growth and Development
- Statistical Methods
- Research Methods
- MSc Thesis
- Oral Radiology
- Interdisciplinary Graduate Seminars: Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning
- Clinical Pediatric Dentistry
- Hospital Clinical Pediatrics
- 38 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The Program begins in the second week of August.
DisciplinesPublic Health Dentistry Health Sciences View 16 other Masters in Dentistry in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International48443 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48443 CAD per year during 38 months.
National19220 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19220 CAD per year during 38 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.