Through course work, student teaching, and field experiences, you will gain skills and strategies to support young children's learning in developmental stages and contexts, leading to eligibility for New York State initial teaching certification in both general and special education at the early childhood level (birth–grade 2).
At the Early Childhood Education and Special Education, Birth–Grade 2, Initial Certification MA from New York University, you'll have the opportunity to participate in field experiences and student teaching in early childhood general and special education settings, such as preschools, Head Start centers, and elementary schools. You'll develop expertise in human development and disability, learn to create and adapt environments that help all children reach their maximum potential, and gain a deep understanding of how children grow intellectually, physically, and socially/emotionally.
Upon graduation, you will be eligible for New York State initial teaching certification in both general and special education at the early childhood level (birth–grade 2) and prepared for career opportunities such as:
- Lead or team teacher in public or private childcare centers, preschools, early childhood centers, and elementary schools
- Curriculum specialist, staff developer, or program director in early childhood education and special education programs
- Inquiries in Teaching and Learning
- Language and Literacy in the Early Years
- Bilingual Exceptional Child
- Curriculum Development in Science and Social Studies
- Human Development and Curriculum in Early Childhood
- Teaching Elementary School Math: Foundations and Concept Development
- Integrated Arts in the Early Childhood and Childhood
- Methods of Instruction for Children with High Incidence Disabilities
- Methods of Instruction for Children with Low Incidence Disabilities
- Learning Environments, Behavior, and Students with Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 4299 other Masters in Education in United States
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International84015 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 84015 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National84015 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 84015 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.