Entrance to the M.Mus. in Orchestral Conducting at University of British Columbia is based upon the admission portfolio (including a pre-screen video) as well as an in-person audition for invited candidates. Artist teachers seeking to advance their conducting studies are also encouraged to apply.
What makes the program unique?
The M.Mus. with emphasis in orchestral conducting gives the aspiring professional orchestral conductor an unequaled opportunity to receive consistent, ample podium time with a high-level conservatory orchestra. Students work extensively one-on-one with conducting professors and fulfill leadership roles as assistant conductors.
This is an extremely selective program that usually accepts only one student per year to ensure optimal podium time and opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Research
- Seminar in Conducting and Repertoire
- Music Performance (conducting lessons)
- Large Ensemble
- Music Electives
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International18645 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18645 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.