Prepare for an exciting career at the forefront of childhood education by learning pedagogical skills and strategies centered around understanding how children learn and the multiple contexts in which learning occurs.
Throughout your course of study, in the Childhood Education, Grades 1–6, Initial Certification from New York University you will learn a principle-based set of teaching practices reflective of the needs, lifestyles, languages, and cultural patterns of the communities we serve.
Your course of study will center on children’s educational experiences, informed by the belief that children are competent persons actively engaged in meaning-making in the multiple contexts of home, school, and community. Throughout your curriculum, you will learn:
- Theories of how children learn at different developmental stages and in different contexts, and strategies to support learning
- How the relationships between schools, families, and community-based organizations influence children's learning
- Pedagogical methods and core content knowledge in elementary school subjects
Careers and Outcomes
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared for a career as a:
- Teacher in public or private childcare centers, early childhood centers, and elementary schools
- Teacher educator or researcher in colleges and universities
- Curriculum or educational program developer in schools, colleges, and universities
- Editor or publisher of children's books and educational materials
- Children's television writer or producer
More informationVisit official programme website
- Inquiries into Teaching and Learning
- Individuals with Disabilities in School/Community
- Foundations of Curriculum for Diverse Learners
- Language and Literacy in the Early Grades
- Language and Literacy in the Upper Grades
- Teaching Elementary School Mathematics: Foundations and Concepts
- Science Experiences in the Elementary School
- Education of Children with Special Needs in Childhood Settings
- Integrating Arts in Childhood Settings
- Fieldwork in Schools and Other Educational Settings
- Student Teaching in Childhood
- Multicultural issues in Social Studying
- Literacy Assessment
- Bilingual Except.Child
- Literacy of Spec Learn
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Educational Psychology Early Childhood Education View 211 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE or MAT
- Proficiency in English
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.