As museums and other informal learning sites contemplate new roles within society it will be incumbent upon museum professionals, and particularly museum educators, to become catalysts for different ways of thinking about the educational roles and potentials of museums and other informal learning sites, teaching and learning in museum settings as well as exploring new relationships between museums and the broader community.
What makes the program unique?
Unlike many museum studies degree programs that tend to focus on the conservation and preservation of artifacts in object-based museums the Museum Education from University of British Columbia's focus is on the scholarship of education in museum settings and the practices needed to help museums achieve their educational mission.
- Teaching in Museums
- Learning in Informal Environments
- Curriculum Issues and Theories in Museums
- Education Programming in Museums
- Research Methodology in Education (Focus on Museums)
- Museum Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application deadline: TBA
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Museum Studies View 138 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International11839 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11839 CAD per year during 36 months.
National6929 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6929 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.