Curriculum, pedagogy, research, and development interests of faculty and students include affective computing, cyberculture and cyborg relations, digital ecology and diversity, distributed cognition, gaming, ICT integration in K–16 formal and informal learning environments (face-to-face, hybrid, and online distance education), intellectual property, open source, and cultural studies.
The Media and Technology Studies Education from University of British Columbia offers a common core of courses, a range of electives, and a variety of professional education opportunities.
- History of Media and Technology in Education
- Seminar in the Teaching of ICT
- Research Methodologies in Education
- Media Studies across the Curriculum
- Video Ethnography
- Introduction to Curriculum Issues and Theories
- Foundations of Learning Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Engineering Management Media Management View 140 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants should browse faculty profiles and indicate in their application who they are interested in working with. No commitment from a supervisor prior to applying is necessary, but contacting faculty members is encouraged.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International15450 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7730 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.