Strong candidates for this Educational Leadership - School Building Leader MA program from New York University must have experience in pre-K–12 education and two or more years of teaching or student services experience. Graduates are eligible for New York State certification as a school building leader.
This master's program is built on the belief that:
- School is the critical unit for the delivery of educational programs.
- Schools of high quality are places where all children learn and grow in an atmosphere that is engaging, affirming, responsible, and just.
- Effective school leaders work collaboratively and inclusively with teachers, parents, students, community members, public agencies, and businesses to create productive learning environments for all children and youth.
- Public elementary and secondary education is an essential dimension of a democratic society and is entitled to serious, continuous, and meaningful support from its post-secondary partners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This degree combines content courses with fieldwork and electives. In your core seminars, you'll study educational leadership, organization and leadership theory, educational change, politics of multicultural school communities, and data-driven decision making and leadership.
- You can pursue additional study relevant to school improvement, teaching and learning, and community engagement and collaboration.
- Each course examines multiple theoretical perspectives, themes of equity and social justice, a focus on the needs and experiences of low-income urban children and youth, and implications for leadership within and outside of educational settings.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 3972 other Masters in Education in United States
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International67212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67212 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National67212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67212 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.