Graduate students are drawn to the School to work with specific research faculty members and benefit from their expertise in specific content areas. The Master of Science in Kinesiology program from University of British Columbia operates using a mentor model. The benefits of a mentor model are numerous including clarification of research and other funding support at time of application and focused supervision from the time of registration.
The School offers competitive financial packages to highly qualified students in the form of teaching assistantships and entrance scholarships. Individual faculty members can "top up" a financial package from external grant sources to assist with recruitment of exceptional students.
The MSc program prepares graduates for a broad range of careers. Former MSc students have pursued additional training including doctoral and post-doctoral degrees. Many former Kinesiology graduates have become successful academics. Other students have pursued careers in Medicine, Physical Therapy, industry, and governmental and non-governmental work.
- Research methods (for sport & health sciences)
- Performance planning
- Bioenergetics of Physical Activity
- Skill Acquisition: Practice Design & Instruction
- Psychological aspects of Sport/ Physical Activity
- Aging, Health, and Physical Activity: Socio-Cultural Perspectives
- Neurophysiology of Human Movement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 299 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.