The Primary programme offered by the Wrexham Glyndwr University encourages you to increase your understanding of teaching and learning processes in order to develop and maintain the high levels of enthusiasm, ability and passion necessary within the teaching profession.
At St Mary's, we look for those who wish to learn from challenges and seek a higher capacity to know more. In line with the University Mission Statement, the programme seeks to prepare teachers for schools at home and abroad including for those intending to teach in Roman Catholic and other Christian schools.
A career in teaching offers the same rewards that you would expect from a graduate position with good salaries and opportunities for career progression. The opportunities, however, to inspire, educate and teach future generations of children are unlike any other graduate job!
Graduates from the PGCE are in great demand in teaching posts throughout the UK. Of the 2016/17 Primary PGCE graduates, over 100% of trainees were in employment within six months (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education, HESA).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Building a Broad Curriculum
- From Values to Vocation
- Physical Education
- Professional Studies
- Religious Education
- School Experience One and Enhancement Placement
- School Experience Two
- The Emergent Teacher as Reflective Practitioner
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 188 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
- A minimum of grade C in GCSE English, Mathematics and Science. GCSE equivalents are offered by St Mary's University.
- The Irish equivalent to GCSE is the Irish Leaving Certificate. In order to qualify to apply for the PGCE Primary programme you must already have a C grade or above (at Ordinary level) or a D grade or above (at Higher level) in all three subjects.
- The Science subject studied must be Biology, Chemistry or Physics. Home Economics and Agricultural Science at Leaving Certificate level are not accepted. International students must have a ‘pass’ in their high school or senior school examination in these subjects and evidence of this needs to be submitted to the University for approval.
International13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13650 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.