Graduates of this School Counseling or Bilingual School Counseling MA program from New York University are eligible for New York State certification as guidance counselors, and are prepared to take the examination to become a national certified counselor.
Our faculty members are leaders in the field. You will work closely with them to learn how to:
- Form helping relationships with pre-K–12 children and youth, teachers, and parents, adapting your work to your students’ growth and development
- Assess students in socio-historical contexts with attention to issues of power and privilege – including gender, race and ethnicity, class, and sexual orientation
- Create and deliver a data-driven school counseling program that supports every student’s academic, career, and personal and social development
Careers and Outcomes
Prepare for a career as a:
- School counselor in elementary, middle, and high schools
- Child advocate in community-based organizations
Graduates of the School Counseling degree have been successful in obtaining positions as school guidance counselors through the New York City Department of Education and within school systems on Long Island and throughout the tri-state area. In addition, many have obtained positions in agencies that provide services to school-age children. Program requirements meet most state standards.
- Professional Orient. & Ethical Issues in School Counseling
- School Counseling
- Individual Counseling: Theory and Process
- Individual Counseling: Practice
- Research & Evaluation in Behavioral Sciences
- Human Growth and Development
- Group Dynamics: Theory and Practice
- Career Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Educational Psychology View 4053 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letters Of Recommendation
- Proficiency in English
International89616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 89616 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National89616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 89616 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.