Students in both the acute and primary care tracks will specialize in care of adults with a focus on older adults.
Students in Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (Primary Care) programme of Boise State University will focus on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of patients in the ambulatory setting and clinical experience occur in primary care settings. This program is ofered primarily via distance education with three on site experiences on the Boise State University campus.
Clinical experiences are arranged in collaboration with the student, and ideally, students are placed in the communities where they reside.
- Primary Care Management of Adult/Geriatric Health and Illness
- Primary Care Clinical Residency
- Primary Care Procedures and Diagnostics for the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Primary Care Clinical Skills Synthesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Gerontology View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Boise State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A 500-word personal statement that includes educational goals, and long term professional goals.
- Clearly explain the advanced practice nursing role you seek to fulfill following graduation.
- Provide rationale for specializing in either Acute Care or Primary Care.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the role of the advanced practice nurse practitioner in Adult Gerontology.
- Explain why you have chosen the AGNP program at Boise State University.
- A current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- A valid, unencumbered RN license from within the United States.
- A non-refundable application fee of $20 to the School of Nursing.
- Three professional references. References must be from a current employer or prior nursing faculty.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of an undergraduate research course with a grade of C or better.
International24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 12 months.
National24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.