M.A. coursework is traditionally completed in three semesters with full-time enrollment. Part-time enrollment is permitted for working students.
Graduates from the Cinema Studies MA program from New York University have gone on to successful careers as film curators, programmers, preservationists, as well as film critics, instructors, screenwriters, filmmakers and industry professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Form
- Film Theory
- Film History
- Historiography or Television: History & Culture
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 724 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- A professional résumé listing academic background, work experience, honors, affiliations with professional organizations, papers presented at conferences, published work, language ability, etc.
- A statement of purpose (two to three double-spaced pages) outlining your academic and professional background, goals, and what you hope to gain from the program.
- A writing sample (15-20 double-spaced pages) that reflects your ability to carry out sustained critical, theoretical, and/or historical thinking on film, television, video, and/or new media. In the absence of a moving image–related topic, a piece of writing on a subject in the arts or humanities is acceptable.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International46272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69408 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National46272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69408 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.