Broaden your personal and career horizons whether you're a law or non-law graduate by examining how international law shapes almost all forms of global interaction, from business and trade to diplomacy and acts of war.
As a student you'll immerse yourself in four compelling compulsory courses: Principles of International Law; Law of Armed Conflict; Law, Terrorism and Human Rights; and Refugees, Asylum Seekers and the Law: Rights and Realities.
You also have a choice of various elective courses covering topics such as business, diplomacy, international policy, advocacy, negotiation and armed conflict. Courses are taught by academics, legal practitioners, judges and international scholars, many of whom have first-hand experience working in some of the world's most dynamic social and economic environments.
Program highlights of the Master of International Law offered at the University of Queensland
- Discover more about our increasingly internationalised world and the role international laws play in countless lives across all borders.
- Gain a clear understanding of the structure of international laws, the way they shape the international system, and how to work within those laws.
- Choose from a range of elective courses to suit personal growth and your interests, and achieve your degree within 1.5 years (or part-time equivalent).
- International Human Rights Law
- Principles of International Law
- Law of Armed Conflict
- Refugees, Asylum Seekers and the Law: Rights and Realities
- Law, Terrorism and Human Rights
- States in Transition: Issues in Constitutional and International Law
- Current Issues in International Law (Public)
- Cultural Heritage Law
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 36 other Masters in International Law in Australia
CRICOS code: 092451M
- A bachelor degree in the same discipline with a GPA of 5.
International44288 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44288 AUD per year during 18 months.
National36960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36960 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.