The European and Global Politics, Leadership for Change programme from Tampere University gives students a solid academic basis to understand political processes at local, national, regional, international and global levels. The focus is on analysing and leading change with regard to political participation and decision-making, dynamics of integration and disintegration, international security issues as well as questions of political economy and governance.
Students learn to carry out academic research on these phenomena, and acquire skills required for a potential academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe programme (120 ECTS credits) consists of four elements:
- Joint programme studies (35 ECTS) form the core of the Master’s Programme. The focus is on cross-disciplinary perspectives on leadership in complex societal processes. This module also focuses on a variety of important academic and employability skills (e.g. research methods, academic writing and presentation skills)
- The advanced studies module (25 ECTS) enables the students to acquire in-depth theoretical, methodological and conceptual knowledge in their chosen specialisation: business, politics or public administration.
- Through free-choice studies (20 ECTS) students can develop a unique profile to their studies based on individual interests.
- Master’s thesis (40 ECTS) is an individual research project that enables the student to demonstrate his/her in-depth knowledge in the chosen specialisation.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application period: 7 December 2022 – 11 January 2023
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Leadership View 7 other Masters in International Relations in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tampere University and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded. With a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study. From a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. From a recognised institution of higher education.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.