This MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration) from University of Lincoln is suited to those who want to fulfil, or work towards fulfilling their potential as an occupational therapist, to promote function, quality of life, and the realisation of potential in people who are experiencing occupational deprivation, imbalance, or alienation. They believe that activity can be an effective medium for remediating dysfunction, facilitating adaptation, and recreating identity.
Occupational therapists work with adults and children of all ages with a wide range of conditions; most commonly those who have difficulties due to a mental health illness, or physical or learning disabilities. The course seeks to develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence needed to work in a range of complex and dynamic health and social care environments.
Career and Personal Development
Many registered Occupational Therapists work within the NHS or in social care settings and are recruited and employed by individual organisations. This forward-looking programme appreciates that many occupational therapists and new graduates may also work in non-traditional OT roles, or for private and third sector organisations.
New, varied, and innovative job opportunities are increasingly available to qualified Occupational Therapists, and this programme aims to prepare its graduates accordingly. Non-clinical careers also exist in teaching, research, management and administration, health and safety, and training and development. The experienced teaching team can help students explore and develop their individual career aspirations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advancing Occupational Therapy Practice
- Applied Health Improvement
- Applied Sciences in Occupational Therapy
- Assessment and Clinical Reasoning in Occupational Therapy
- Essential Interprofessional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology View 252 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold an honours degree in a relevant discipline at 2.2 classification or above. If you are unsure whether your first degree is relevant we welcome you to send us your degree transcript so that our Admissions Tutor can advise you further.
- Normally 3 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including English Language, Maths and Science, or equivalent qualifications. These GCSEs must be obtained prior to submitting an application. Applicants who completed an Access to HE in Health and Social Care will be required to provide evidence of undertaking science units at level 3.
- Entry on to the course is subject to meeting the requirements of a profession specific occupational health screening.
- Certificates and degree transcripts of all previous qualifications will need to be provided before any offers are confirmed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.