Students on this Media and Cultural Studies programme from University of Lincoln are able to undertake in-depth research, choosing their own research topic while being mentored by a nominated supervisor from a team of nationally or internationally recognised experts in their fields. Research will culminate in a 25,000 word thesis.
Research students are encouraged to share their expertise and contribute to the research culture within the school by presenting at and assisting with the organisation of research events, symposia, exhibitions, and conferences.
Graduates may go on to a variety of media and culture-related roles in industry and positions may exist in research across a range of commercial and public sectors. Postgraduate study can provide opportunities for advancement in the media and creative industries, as well as in research and academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Example research areas:
- Current research interests within media and cultural studies include media ecologies, visual and digital culture, sonic culture, horror studies, games studies, environmental photography, cultural theory, and contemporary European thought.
- Within film and television studies, research interests include national and transnational cinemas, gender theory, exploitation/experimental/marginal cinema, Hollywood cinema and star studies, film and/as practice, script, and screenwriting theory.
- Media and heritage research interests include historical film and media, documentary film and media ethics, social engagement, and documentary photography.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 597 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- First or upper second class honours degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4495 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4495 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time Home/EU: £2,248 per year
- Part-time International: £8,050 per year
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.