With the globalisation of law at its centre, the Transnational Law LLM at King's College London prepares graduates for a career in a fast-changing global context, teaching competence to analyse complex legal problems through solid legal doctrine, training in transnational legal cultures, lawyerly practice, legal theory, and law’s global socio-economics.
- Taught by world leaders in their fields with a strong emphasis on rigorous analysis combined with ‘thinking outside the box’.
- Modules will investigate through an inter-disciplinary lens the co-existence of different normative orders and discuss issues of jurisdiction, legal pluralism, indigenous law and the tension between ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ law with a view to addressing urgent transnational legal problems of poverty, climate change, financial governance and post-conflict justice.
In a competitive world we can give you the competitive edge to take your career to the next level. That’s why you’ll find our LLM programme is supplemented by opportunities to develop your skills and professional networks.
The result is that students are presented with a wide range of employment destinations when they leave; from positions at the European Central Bank, European Commission and UN to commercial roles as investment bank analysts, tax or public affairs advisers, as well as careers in the legal profession; accountancy; management consultancy; human rights organisations and other voluntary bodies; academia.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Rights Law: International and Transnational Perspectives
- International Refugee Law
- Transnational and Corporate Law and Corporate Governance
- Sociology of Law, Legal Culture & Transnational Challenges
- The Transnational Regulation of Global Networks
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Students currently residing in mainland China: January 7
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 410 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with high 2:1 honours (assessed as an overall average of at least 65% across all years of study) in Law or a degree with at least 70% law content.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International31980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31980 GBP per year during 12 months.
National20220 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20220 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fees:£10,110 per year
- Overseas fees: £15,990 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.