This Urban Design from Leeds Beckett University will employ a research-by-design approach to understanding national and international cities. You will study governance as a spatial design concern and will gain a deep understanding of the formation of the city within diverse political, economic, social and cultural contexts. By developing your ability to apply theory to practice, you will appreciate the complexity of creating spaces across different structural layers.
You will study the latest methods and design theories relating to urban environments, exploring the development and resolution of projects and focusing on achieving environmental sustainability. Working with landscape architecture and town planning students, you will also address briefs provided by external clients, developing your ability to work as part of a team and making a significant contribution to innovative designs.
We will encourage you to engage in the diverse landscapes of this sector and address the wide range of tasks that urban design practitioners participate in. Having successfully completed this course, you could go on to work in a private urban design practice within an architect’s practice specialising in urban design, or in planning for local authorities.
- Urban designer (public sector)
- Urban designer (private consultancy)
- Urban designer (voluntary sector)
- Urban designer (research and teaching)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Urban Contexts
- Urban Design Studio One
- Urban Design Studio Two
- Research Methods
- Reflective Practice Report
- Advanced Urban Design Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possi
DisciplinesDesign Urban Planning View 509 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Town Planning, Geography, Urban Studies, Engineering Design, Three-Dimensional Design, Graphic Design or Visual Arts, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.